Tuesday 23 August 2011

Interlude: Seth's Playlist

Nothing gets under your skin like music.  And for me, nothing helps me get into a character's head better than a song - something they would listen to, something they feel a connection with.  Seth, one of the main characters in Vampire Love Songs, inhabits a sleazy underworld of addict anonymous groups, dive bars and cheap hotel rooms.  The first video in this playlist, a cover of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" by H.I.M., perfectly encompasses the trash and pleasure of such a world:


The next song which might tell you a little something about Seth is "Fuck Forever" by Babyshambles.  Like singer Pete Doherty, Seth is an addict with a romantic side, a libertine who is not quite ready to learn his lesson.


The third and final song in Seth's playlist is "I Let Love In" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, which gives a little insight into the destructive but addictive love that exists between Seth and his wife Mallory.



Next I'll be posting a playlist that reflects Mallory's personality, before moving onto songs that describe their mutual lover Billy.

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty good score with the story. I can see how Seth can be created from this.
    Now I can't wait to see what created Mallory.

    ReplyDelete